Wasn't quite sure how I was going to pull this idea off when I first started it. I knew it'd be pretty much impossible to model the idea fully using just autodesk fusion. I figured it'd probably be an easier idea to start with a bunch of basic shapes down first and work from there. I had a saddle on E Lee's back when I first sketched the image, but I wasn't actually sure how to make something like that visible. I'm kind of sad I had to scrap that. It was pretty funny. The first go of the modeling came out a bit strange because the horse has no determinable features, and the man just... didn't get a head. 

          

After moving everything into mesh mixer, I realized that meshmixer wasn't going to do what I wanted it to. That was fine. At this stage in my artist career I'm used to 70% of the steps being some form of bullshitting. The sculpting tools were a bit wonky, so it took a while to get things into the general shape I was kind of going for. The big horse face in particular was a mess, mostly because horses frighten me and their face structures are enigmas. The rest of the body started rather smoothly, since the basic arm and leg structures were already in the right place. I cheated a little and used the ears, legs, and human head models already in mesh mixer. It was a lot easier than trying to figure out how to sculpt something that precise. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3d Model Assignment 1 - Gatorade Bottle

3D Model Assignment 3 - Monument Recreation